Shakespeare Puppets is an offspring of my home base Dark Smile Studio.
In spring 2016 I started working on the very first full own show of mine - Shakespeare's The Tempest - where I designed and created puppets, masks, set and costumes and for the first time also directed.
In my version of the play, which is using Shakespeare's original text, 'real' actors, with and without masks, play alongside puppets, shadow play and music.
The opportunity for this project arose in the form of a collaboration between me, Dark Smile Studio, and Prague Shakespeare Company during PSC400 festival that honours the 400 anniversary of The Bard's death by performing his entire canon within the year 2016.
The show was well received by the audience, I was surrounded by the most wonderful team and so, why not? Why not doing it again? Shakespeare and puppets - a magical liason...
WHO I AM
• Self taught artist
• Occasional art director
• New born director
• Creatress of Things
• Dragon and Cat Lover
• Vegetarian Vampire
WHAT I DO
• Working for theater and film
• Providing puppet and mask workshops on request
• Creating puppets, masks, props and set pieces
• Teaching puppetry at a bi-lingual school in Prague
•Wanna do a puppet or mask workshop?
•Need any sorts of puppets?
•Need some props for your project?
•Wanna create a project together?
Feel free to contact me via e-mail.
• Prague based, btw.
"Sweet, simple, evocative, imaginative, and touching. Go and see this show. It's an extremely well-put-together production of the Tempest, and the magic had me in tears. ..." - Rebecca R.
• "Brigitte brings The Tempest to life onstage with fantastical puppets, enchanting songs, and a talented ensemble!"
- Melissa C.
• "Well, I have to say they (PSC) did a bloody marvellous job of the Tempest, definitely recommended, and we'll definitely go see them again, two very big thumbs up!!" - Andrea L.